A spicy delight served with rice and relish to satisfy even the most demanding curry fan. This recipe is a good source of protein and carbs that's also low in salt and fat.
- Serves: 2
- Time: 55 minutes
- 200g stewing beef or soya chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 pepper, finely chopped
- 1 carrot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 130g basmati rice, raw
1. Chop the beef into cubes, about 2cm square.
2. Brown the beef in a pan over a low heat. Add the onion and cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the chopped pepper, carrot and garlic and cook for five minutes, stirring often to stop it from sticking. Add a little water if necessary.
4. Add the curry powder and stir well to mix.
5. Add tomatoes, mango chutney and tomato purée. Simmer gently for 20 minutes, adding more water if necessary.
6. Cook rice according to the packet instructions and serve.
Per 581g portion
97 kcal (410 kJ)
564 kcal (2383 kJ)
(of which sugars)
(of which saturates)
This recipe may contain soya.
Food safety tips
- always wash your hands, work surfaces, utensils and chopping boards before you start preparing food and after handling raw meat
- keep raw meat away from ready-to-eat foods such as salad, fruit and bread
- any leftovers should be cooled within one to two hours and placed in the fridge for up to two days, or frozen
- when reheating, always make sure that the dish is steaming hot all the way through before serving
- never reheat food more than once
- cook the rice as required, use it immediately or cool within one hour, refrigerate and use within 24 hours