Breakfast, Spanish, Serves 3 aduts
Calories per serving: 402 (approx)
Preparation time:10 minutes
Cooking time:50 minutes
Cooking method: Baked
- 1 courgette (zucchini)
- 1 red pepper
- Half a large sweet potato
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 4 medium-sized mushrooms
- 2 inches of chorizo
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Half tsp salt
- Half tsp pepper
- 9 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Chop the courgette, pepper and sweet potato into dice-sized chunks, halve the tomatoes, quarter the mushrooms and slice the chorizo into thin slithers.
- Drizzle the oil into a non-stick roasting tray (I use one roughly A4-sized and at least two inches in depth) and toss in the veg and chorizo. Mix so that all the oil is well distributed.
- Sprinkle the paprika, coriander, turmeric, salt and pepper over all of the vegetables and mix again so that it is covering everything evenly.
- Pop in the middle of the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile crack all the eggs into a jug and whisk with a fork until completely combined.
- After 20 minutes take the tray out of the oven and, using a wooden spoon, move the veg about so that it is all turned. Place back in the over for a further 10 minutes, or until all the veg is soft and slightly crisp.
- Once ready take the tray out of the oven, making sure that the chorizo and vegetables are evenly distributed, before then pouring over the egg mixture.
- Carefully pop this back into the middle of the oven for 20 minutes or until the middle feels firm. Set aside to cool. Once completely set, slice into six portions; two for an adult portion, one for a child. This should keep well in the fridge, in an air-tight container for around three days.