- 35 mins to prepare. 10 mins to cook.
- Serves 4 (2 pancakes per serving)
Filled with a variety of berries, these buckwheat pancakes may be unconventional but they sure are a scrumptious alternative to the traditional ones.
- 275ml of skimmed milk
- 1 free-range egg
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 55g of wholewheat flour
- 55g of buckwheat flour
- Cooking spray
- 80ml of 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 200g of mixed berries
Each serving contains
- Calories 168 8%
- Sugar 8.4g 9%
- Fat 4g 6%
- Saturates 1g 4%
- Salt 0.4g 7%
of your guideline daily amount
1. Place the milk, egg, salt and oil into a large bowl and mix well.
2. Sift the wholewheat and buckwheat flour.
3. Add the flour to the milk mixture gradually, stirring constantly until a smooth batter is formed. Allow the batter to rest for thirty minutes prior to cooking.
4. Spray pan with cooking spray and heat, pour in an eighth of the mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until golden on each side.
5. Remove from the pan and place between sheets of baking paper. Keep warm while repeating the process with the remaining mixture to create eight pancakes.
6. To serve, place a pancake onto a warm plate, add a spoon of 0% fat Greek yoghurt and 20g of mixed berries.
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.