Healthy and simple to make!
Lunch, British, Serves 4-6
Calories per serving: 64 (approx)
Preparation time:5 minutes
Cooking time:30 minutes
Cooking method: Boiling
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 butternut squash, washed, peeled and diced
- 1 large potato, washed and diced
- Enough boiling water to cover (600-1000 ml)
- 1 tsp mild curry powder (optional)
- Chopped chives (optional to serve)
- Add the onion, potato and butternut squash to a large pan. Stir in the curry powder if using and heat for a minute.
- Add enough stock or water to cover the vegetables and bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes, until the vegetable are soft.
- Blend the soup until smooth. Add a little more water or milk to thin down as required. Serve sprinkled with chives.