- 15 mins to prepare. 30 mins to cook.
- Serves 4
If the weather is dampening your mood, try our warming chicken and bacon risotto.
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 chicken fillets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 lean bacon rashers, sliced
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 200g uncooked risotto rice
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 50g frozen spinach
- 30g grated Parmesan cheese
- Handful of parsley, chopped
Each serving contains
- Calories 374 19%
- Sugar 1.3g 1%
- Fat 9.8 g 14%
- Saturates 3.2g 16%
- Salt 1.8g 31%
of your guideline daily amount
1. Fry the onion and garlic until soft. When the onions are soft add the sliced mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the chicken and bacon pieces to the pan, cooking until browned.
3. Make up the stock cube and add to the pan along with the rice, seasoning and spinach.
4. Simmer on a very low heat until the water has been absorbed, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
5. Turn off the heat and stir in the parsley and Parmesan and serve.
There it is, our healthy chicken and bacon risotto recipe in 45 minutes.
Featured in our Mediterranean plan
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.