The tantalising flavours of the spices, with the sweet mango complement the chicken perfectly.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Number of servings: 4
Nutrition information per serving:
75 g red lentils
4 chillies, finely chopped
4 curry leaves
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 tsp of mustard seeds
½ tsp of chilli powder
1 tsp of coriander, ground
450g chicken breast, boned, skinned & cubed
2 tbsp of coriander, fresh, chopped
1. Place the lentils in a saucepan and add enough water to just cover. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes, until soft but not mushy. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the finely sliced leek, chilli, curry leaves and mustard seeds and cook over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
3. Add the diced mango and tomatoes, ground coriander and chicken and fry for 8 - 10 minutes.
4. Add the cooked lentils and cook for a further 2 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
5. Garnish with fresh coriander before serving. Basmati rice or naan bread would be good accompaniments.
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.