A classic Chinese dish that's nutritionally balanced.
Dinner, Chinese, Serves 2
Calories per serving: 300 (approx)
Preparation time:5 minutes
Cooking time:15 minutes
- 2 nests/sheets egg, whole-wheat or rice noodles
- 200g chicken, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 3-4 mushrooms (ideally shiitake), sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 50g bean sprouts
- A dash sesame oil
- 1 dessertspoon soy sauce, (or add to taste - low salt varieties are available)
- If dried, place noodles in a bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover.
- Heat up the wok. Add the chicken, garlic, pepper, mushroom, spring onions and stir-fry until chicken is cooked through.
- Drain the noodles. Add to the wok with the bean sprouts and stir fry for another 5 minutes.
- Drizzle over soy sauce and sesame oil and toss until well coated. Serve immediately.