If your chicken dinners are lacking inspiration and flare try our zesty, low-fat lime and ginger marinade for a twist.
Preparation time: 70 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Number of servings: 4
Nutrition information per serving:
4 medium chicken fillets
2 cloves of garlic
1 piece of root ginger (2 inch thick)
1 tbs of chilli
1 tbs of lime juice
1 tsp of ground coriander
1 tbs of tamari or soy sauce
100ml of low fat natural yoghurt
1 level tbs of sugar
260g bag of spinach
200g of basmati rice (uncooked weight)
1. Wash and pat dry the chicken and score the surface with a sharp knife.
2. Chop the garlic, ginger, chilli and mix with the lime juice, coriander, sugar and soy sauce and spread all over the chicken. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for an hour.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan to quite a high heat and brown the chicken on both sides. Reduce the heat and pour in all the marinade along with around 200ml water. Simmer gently, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through and the volume of sauce is reduced.
4. Add the spinach and stir through to wilt.
5. Stir in the yoghurt before serving with rice, cooked following package directions.
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.