- 5 mins to prepare.30 mins to cook.
- Serves 1
It’s no wonder chilli con carne is such a well-loved Mexican dish. It can be used in lots of ways and tip!! Try it with Quorn mince to make it veggie.
- 1 medium potato
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tsp of crushed chillies
- ½ clove of garlic, grated
- 60g of lean minced beef
- 50g kidney beans, canned and drained
- ½ chopped red pepper
- 1 small tin of chopped tomatoes, 227g
- 1 tsp of mixed herbs
Each serving contains
- Calories 375 19%
- Sugar 15.9g 18%
- Fat 11.6g 17%
- Saturates 3.1g 16%
- Salt 0.4g 7%
of your guideline daily amount
1. Heat the oven to 200 degrees C.
2. Wrap the potato in foil and when the oven is hot, bake the potato for about 30 minutes, until cooked.
3. As the potato bakes, heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan and cook the onion, chillies and garlic until the onion is soft and translucent.
4. Next add the mince and cook until brown.
5. Finally add the remainder of the ingredients, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
6. Take the potato from the oven and serve open with the chilli filling inside.
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.