A quick, cheap and healthy version of an Italian favourite. This recipe is a good source of protein and carbs that's also low in salt and fat.
- Serves: 2
- Time: 50 minutes
- ½ tbsp of olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 10 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 x 400g cans of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 210g dry pasta
- fresh basil to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC or gas mark 4.
2. Gently fry the onions in a little olive oil for about five minutes.
3. Then put the mushrooms and all other ingredients (apart from the pasta) into an ovenproof dish, mix thoroughly and bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
5. Serve the chicken with the pasta and garnish with fresh basil.
Per 823g portion
78 kcal (330 kJ)
646 kcal (2720 kJ)
(of which sugars)
(of which saturates)
These figures apply to a portion of 220g cooked pasta.
- This recipe contains wheat (gluten).
- Worcestershire sauce may contain barley (gluten) and fish.
- Some pasta contains egg, so always check the label.
Food safety tips
- always wash your hands, work surfaces, utensils and chopping boards before you start preparing food and after handling raw meat, including poultry
- use separate chopping boards, knives and plates for preparing raw meat
- keep raw meat away from ready-to-eat foods such as salad, fruit and bread
- make sure that the chicken is cooked until steaming hot all the way through, no pink meat is left and any juices run clear
- wash or peel raw vegetables before use – this will help clean them and remove any harmful bacteria that might be on the outside