Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
4 lemons, thinly sliced
4 on-the-bone chicken fillets, with skin
8 garlic cloves, peeled
2 tbs olive oil
1 tbs fresh lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 tbs chopped fresh mint leaves
1 tbs chopped fresh oregano
10 pitted kalamata olives, cut in half
4oz or 100g feta cheese, crumbled
1. Arrange rack in centre of oven. Heat oven to 180 degrees C. Layer lemon slices on the bottom of a 13" x 9" baking dish; set aside.
2. Gently run your fingers between chicken fillet and the skin to loosen skin. Press 2 garlic cloves through a garlic press. Lift the skin from 1 fillet and rub garlic between skin and fillet. Repeat process with remaining chicken fillets and garlic cloves.
3. Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and rub into skin.
4. Place chicken over the lemon slices in prepared pan. Combine mint and oregano in a small bowl; evenly sprinkle over chicken breasts. Sprinkle olives over chicken, if using.
5. Bake for 45 minutes, until juices run clear when chicken is pricked with a fork. Remove from oven and sprinkle with feta. Bake for 5 more minutes. Serve with pan juices.
Calories 538; carbohydrates 4g; net carbs: 3.5g; fibre 0.5g; protein 64g; fat 28g
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.