On an ongoing basis our nutritionists listen to your feedback and try to make sure that all recipes meet your expectations. The overwhelming majority of you want easy recipes that maximise your food choices, so we created a list of free foods - giving you more variety. All the foods on this list can be added freely to your meal plan. Our goal is to ensure you never feel hungry on a diet again.
Try our homemade vegetable soup for a simple ’free food’ recipe which includes nutritious superfoods and an abundance of tasty vegetables.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Number of servings: 4
Vegetable stock, 1.5 litres
2 leeks, trimmed and washed
2 celery sticks
2 large carrots, washed and peeled
1 clove of garlic, finely sliced
1 chilli, finely slice
2 tbsps of tomato puree
2 bay leaves
2 tbsps of parsley, chopped
1 tbsp balsamic vinegarBlack pepper
1. Chop the carrots, celery and leek into small cubes.
2. Pre-heat the frying pan and add some low calorie cooking spray. Saute the vegetables for a couple of minutes.
3. Pour the stock into the vegetables. Add in the garlic, tomato puree, chilli and bay leave.
4. Simmer for soup for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar. Immediately before serving season the soup with the ground black pepper and chopped parsley.
Tip: If you haven’t used up all your calories for the day, serve the soup with a slice of toasted Ciabatta bread.
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.