A classic fish-based dish that's easy to prepare - perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Breakfast, Indian, Serves 2
Calories per serving: 251 (approx)
Preparation time:5 minutes
Cooking time:30 minutes
- 75 g long grain or brown rice
- 200 g haddock fillets
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and shelled
- A handful of frozen peas
- 1 tbsp chopped baby spinach
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1-2 tablespoons quark
- Steam the fish in a saute pan. Cook, covered for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the pan with the steamer, use the water in the pan and cook the rice with the frozen peas until tender (add a little more water if necessary).
- Meanwhile skin and flake the fish flesh, checking for bones.
- Roughly chop 1 ½ eggs, slice remaining half for garnish. Mix together the fish, rice, peas, chopped eggs, spinach and parsley in a large pan.
- Cook until heated through. Stir in the quark. Serve with parsley and slices of boiled egg.