This fresh and fruity sauce is the perfect complement to chicken – throw in some greens to add some colour. This is a good protein-rich meal that is a medium-fat recipe.
- Serves: 2
- Time: 55 minutes
- 2 skinless chicken fillets, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 glass of white wine or low-salt stock
- ½ lemon plus its juice
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- a pinch of dried dill
- a pinch of black pepper
1. Gently fry the chicken in the oil until golden brown, then carefully put on a plate.
2. Toss the mushrooms and onion in the oil and add the wine. Simmer over a low heat and add a pinch of dill.
3. Grate the lemon skin into the pan and add the parsley, lemon juice and black pepper. Simmer until the sauce has reduced by half and then put the chicken back in the pan. Cook for another 15 to 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Serve with boiled rice and steamed green vegetables, such as cabbage or green beans.
Per portion (227g)
129kcal (542 kJ)
292kcal (1226 kJ)
(of which sugars)
(of which saturates)
This recipe contains alcohol. Some wines contain sulphites.
Food safety tips
- always wash your hands, work surfaces, utensils and chopping boards before you start preparing food and after handling raw meat, including poultry
- keep raw meat away from ready-to-eat foods such as salad, fruit and bread
- make sure that the chicken is cooked until steaming hot all the way through, no pink meat is left and any juices run clear