- 5 mins to prepare. 15 mins to cook.
- Serves 4
Nachos with chilli beans makes a classic party dish and if you want to swap the kids weekend trip to the take away for a healthier alternative look no further. This cheap and relatively healthy recipe is comfort food at its very best.
- 1 spray of cooking spray
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp of crushed chillis
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 2 large tins of chopped tomatoes, 400g each
- 2 large tins of chilli beans, 400g each
- 4 tbsp of low fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 100g of tortilla chips
Each serving contains
- Calories 370 18%
- Sugar 19.6g 22%
- Fat 9.4g 13%
- Saturates 2.7g 13%
- Salt 2g 34%
of your guideline daily amount
1. Add the cooking spray to a non-stick pan and place over a medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and chilli and fry for about 30 seconds.
3. Next add the onion and pepper and fry until the onion is soft.
4. Add the tinned tomatoes and chilli beans to the pan and simmer the mixture until the beans are cooked through.
5. When the bean mixture is ready, turn your grill on. Place in a small flame proof bowl or casserole dish, top with the nachos chips and cheese and grill until the cheese has melted.
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.