Dinner, Spanish, Serves 4-5
Calories per serving: 209 (approx)
Preparation time:5 minutes
Cooking time:30 minutes
Cooking method: Frying
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 leek sliced,
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 100 g chicken, turkey, or Quorn cubed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 300 g long grain rice
- 1 litre vegetable stock/ cooking water from vegetables
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- 200g frozen peas / frozen mixed vegetables
- 200g prawns (optional)
- Black pepper and lemon wedges to serve
- Heat the oil in a frying or sauté pan. Soften the leek and pepper for five minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for five minutes until sealed. Stir in the paprika and the turmeric.
- Add the rice and cook for one minute stirring.
- Pour in the stock, and add the herbs, bring to the boil.
- immer 15 minutes until rice is softened. Add the peas and the prawns (if using) and cook for five minutes or until the rice is properly cooked. Season with black pepper to taste and serve with lemon wedges.