- 5 mins to prepare. 20 mins to cook.
- Serves 4
This quick and tasty main dish has a double hit of sesame oil and spices that add delicious flavour to crisp peppers and prawns.
- 120g rice noodles, uncooked
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 2 chillis, finely chopped
- 1 piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 150g of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 160g peeled raw prawns
- 2 pak choi (bok choy), chopped
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp of sherry or rice wine vinegar
Each serving contains
- Calories 280 14%
- Sugar 6.3g 7%
- Fat 9.8g 14%
- Saturates 1.3g 6%
- Salt 1g 16%
of your guideline daily amount
1. Cook the noodles according to the package directions. When tender, drain and toss with the sesame oil.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan. Cook the chillis, ginger and garlic over a high heat for 30 seconds then add the red pepper, broccoli florets, spring onions and prawns.
3. Cook for 3–4 minutes until the prawns have turned pink. Add the pak choi, noodles, lime juice, soy sauce, chilli sauce and sherry to the pan.
4. Continue cooking until the mixture is heated through and serve immediately.
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.