We offer a fruity twist on the humble stir-fry. With approximately 225 calories in our beef with ginger and pineapple recipe, there is plenty of room to serve this tasty dish with noodles or rice.
Preparation time: marinade for 1 hour
Cooking time: 15 mins
Number of servings: 4
Nutrition information per serving:
300g lean beef
200g tinned pineapple
2 chopped red peppers
3 chopped spring onion
2 tsp of sunflower oil
2 tbs shredded fresh ginger
4 tbs dry sherry
2 tbs low salt soy sauce
3 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp cornflour
1. Dice the beef into bite sized pieces and place in a bowl. Add 2 tbs of sherry, 2 tsp of sesame oil and the cornflour and set aside to marinade for 1 hour.
2. Heat a wok on high then pour in the sunflower oil. Add the beef and stir-fry for 1 minute to brown. Remove the beef and set aside.
3. Reduce the heat to medium then add the ginger, peppers and spring onion to the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute.
4. Pour in 4 tbs of water, 2 tbs of sherry, the soy sauce and cook for about a minute. Drain the juices from the beef into the wok and also add the pineapple.
5. Return the beef to the wok and cook until the beef and pineapple are heated through. Add 1 tsp of sesame oil and give the mixture one or two final stirs. Serve at once with rice or noodles.
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.