Don’t be tempted to used fresh salmon when making these tasty fishcakes, good quality tinned salmon works far better when mixing with potato mash.
Curried salmon fishcakes
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
Number of servings: 4
Nutrition information per serving:
300g of salmon, canned and drained
300g of potato, mashed
1 tbs of olive oil
2 tsps of curry powder
1 pinch of black pepper
1 pinch of salt
1 tbs of cornflour
1 tsp of lemon juice
1. Drain the canned salmon well.
2. Mash the fish and potatoes together using a fork or potato masher.
3. Mix the curry powder, salt, pepper and lemon to taste.
4. Cover the grill pan with foil and brush with oil.
5. Shape the mixture into 8 fish cakes and coat in a dusting of cornflour. Place under a hot grill.
6. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side until browned.
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.