Healthy food choices do not need to be dull or boring with Guradian Eatright. This week we have prepared a comforting casserole combining succulent pork with the sweet and sour taste of cooked apples; perfect for preparing in advance for all the family.
Pork, apple and rosemary casserole
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 75 mins
Number of servings: 4
Nutrition information per serving:
1 tbs of olive oil
200g of leek, sliced
2 cloves of garlic
400g of lean pork
1 tbs of mustard
1 handful of fresh rosemary
800g of new potatoes, boiled
1. Heat the oven to 180ºC. Cut the onion into wedges and slice the garlic and leeks.
2. Heat the oil in a casserole dish and fry the onion, garlic and leeks gently for 5 minutes.
3. Add the diced pork and fry until brown.
4. Peel, core and slice the apple and add to the pork and veg along with the chopped potatoes, mustard and rosemary. Add approx 300ml of water to cover.
5. Place in the oven for about 1 hour with the lid on until cooked through.
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.