- 10 mins to prepare. 40 mins to cook.
- Serves 4
Roasted pesto cod is a Mediterranean inspired heart friendly dish. A quick and easy dish the whole family will enjoy.
- 4 fillets of cod
- 12 new potatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 tbsp pesto
- 2 red onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 courgettes, cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
Each serving contains
- Calories 295 15%
- Sugar 4.6g 7%
- Fat 15.8g 23%
- Saturates 3.3g 17%
- Salt 0.8g 13%
of your guideline daily amount
1. Preheat the oven to 180oC (350oF) or gas mark 4.
2. Keeping the skin on, chop the potatoes in half and stir in the olive oil.
3. Place the prepared potatoes in a roasting tin and roast in the over for 15 minutes.
4. Next prepare the vegetables, by chopping the courgette, pepper and onion into large chunks.
5. After the 15 minute roasting time is complete, remove the potatoes from the oven and stir them around to ensure they are not sticking to the tin.
6. Next add the cod fillets to the tin, spoon over the pesto and add the chopped veg. Cover with tin foil and return to the oven to cook for a further 25-30 minutes.
7. After 15-20 minutes take the cod and vegetables from the oven, remove the tin foil and place the roasting tin back to finish.
8. Bake for another 10 minutes before serving.
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.