A veg twist on a baking favourite!
Snacks, British, Makes 8-10 small scones or 4-5 larger ones
Calories per serving: 74 (approx)
Preparation time:15 minutes
Cooking time:15 minutes
Cooking method: Baking
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 80 g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 15 g margarine
- 25 g finely grated carrot
- 25 g finely grated courgette
- 90ml semi-skimmed or skimmed milk, approximately
- Preheat oven to 200C (Gas 6).
- Put flours into a bowl. Rub in margarine until resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in carrot and courgette.
- Stir in milk gradually with a knife until begins to stick together.
- Bring together with your hands to make a ball.
- Press dough down with hands until 3 cm deep.
- Cut into shapes using a cutter or knife. Arrange, spaced out, on a greased or lined baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes until golden.