Recipe to Success Winner Lynn Doe
500g Extra Lean Steak Mince
2 Medium Carrots
1 Medium Courgette
2 Sweet Pointed Red Peppers
Small Mixed Tomotoes (Pick and Mix
Punnet of Mushrooms
Pack of Baby Corn / Asparagus
120g of Light Cream Cheese
6 Rashers of Bacon (Trimmed of all fat
1 Cal Spray Oil
1. Pre-Heat an oven to 180 Degrees C.
2. Grate the Carrot and Chop and Dice the Courgette and add to a frying pan with a spray of oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes on a medium to high heat. Then Add this to the Mince along with Black pepper, a pinch of Oregano and a pinch of basil. Form the mixture into 4 Equal Sized Burgers and place on a tray. Put To a side.
3. Slice the Peppers Longways and deseed. Put To a side while you cook the bacon (Dry fry in a frying pan and ensure any fat has been removed) Chop the bacon and add to a bowl with the cream cheese. Mix and fill the peppers with the mix. Place the 4 half stuffed peppers on a tray along with the mixed tomatoes and cook in the oven for 12-14 Minutes.
4. While that is cooking heat a frying pan and a spray of oil and cook the burgers on a medium heat for 8-10 minutes turning occasionally. (Cook longer if you like your meat well done).
5. Scrunch up the foil to seal everything in and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
6. While that is cooking heat a frying pan and a spray of oil and cook the burgers on a medium heat for 8-10 minutes turning occasionally. (Cook longer if you like your meat well done)
7. Next Dry fry the mushrooms and blanch the Baby sweetcorn and Asparagus in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes.
8. Dish up the meal and you can serve this if you wish with an extra bowl of side salad (Lettuce, tomatoe, cucumber) This is optional.
Makes 4 servings.
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.