- 5 mins to prepare. 50 mins to cook.
- Serves 4
Tantalising flavours make this healthy tikka masala a winner on all levels.
- 200g minced turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 175g wild or brown rice, uncooked weight
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 large tin of diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 large tin of whole peeled tomatoes, crushed
- 1 large tin of chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 stick of cinnamon (approximately 3 inch pieces)
- 5 cardamom pods
- 1 cup of water
- 125g natural yoghurt
Each serving contains
- Calories 400 20%
- Sugar 9g 10%
- Fat 7.6g 11%
- Saturates 1.6g 6%
- Salt 1.1g 18%
of your guideline daily amount
Sauté onions and garlic in a large pot with a little cooking spray until softened/translucent.
Add turkey and stir it all together.
Add the spices; cumin, turmeric, cayenne, garam masala.
Once well incorporate and fragrant, add tomatoes, chickpeas, water, cinnamon sticks, cardamom pods, and rice.
Mix everything up well and bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for approximately 45 minutes.
Remove cinnamon stick and cardamom pods.
Stir in yoghurt.
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.