A healthy take on a favourite Indian dish.
Dinner, Indian, Serves 6-8
Calories per serving: 139 (approx)
Preparation time:10 minutes
Cooking time:30 minutes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 apple, chopped
- 2 tsp mild/medium strength curry powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 425 g can chickpeas, drained
- A large handful fine green beans, snap into 4cm lengths
- 250 g cauliflower florets
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 125g button mushrooms, sliced
- 500 ml water
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- Heat a wok or large frying pan (greased if necessary). Add the garlic, onion, celery, apple, beans, cauliflower, sweet potato, button mushrooms, and fry for five minutes until starting to soften.
- Stir in the curry powder and ginger. Cook for one minute.
- Add chickpeas, water and tomato puree. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and cook until the vegetables have softened (10-15 minutes).
- Stir the garam masala into the curry and serve with rice or naan bread and raita.