For a heart healthy recipe with a taste of the Mediterranean try out our wholewheat pasta and salmon dish. Salmon is a source of omega 3 fatty acids, these fats help to keep our hearts and blood vessels healthy.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Number of servings: 1
Nutrition informationCalories: 460
40g of wholewheat pasta, uncooked weight
1 salmon fillet
½ tsp of peppercorns
1 tbsp of lemon juice
1 tsp of olive oil
½ tbsp of chives
1 tbsp of fresh basil
1 tbsp of low fat Greek yoghurt
3 florets of broccoli
1. Cook the pasta following package directions, omitting any added fat or salt.
2. Crush the peppercorns with the back of a spoon and add to the lemon juice and oil. Toss the salmon in this mixture.
3. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
4. Cook the fish, turning once during cooking. This will take about 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Spoon over the Greek yoghurt and add the freshly chopped herbs. Serve over pasta, with steamed broccoli.
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.