What does Sinus headache pain feel like?
Sinus headaches feel like a dull, throbbing pain in the front of your head and face. You may feel pressure or fullness around your eyes, cheeks and forehead. It often gets worse if you move or bend forward.
What causes them?
Sinus headaches are caused by congestion and inflammation in your sinuses, the air-filled cavities around your nose, eyes, and cheeks.
What triggers them?
A blocked nose and sinuses from colds and allergies can bring on a sinus headache.
Sinus headaches often feel more painful in the morning because fluids have been collecting all night long. Sudden changes in temperature or the environment can also feel like they worsen headache pain.
Sinus pain and pressure remedies and relief: what works?
Here are a few tips that can you feel better:
- Getting plenty of rest and staying comfortably warm
- Drinking plenty of water and non-alcoholic fluids
- Avoid bright environments
Nurofen Sinus Pain Relief 200mg/5mg Tablets
Powerful pain relief – targets your sinus pain and pressure
You can also consider taking Nurofen Sinus Pain Relief tablets which contain ibuprofen (an analgesic with anti-inflammatory properties) to help reduce the pain and phenylephrine (a decongestant) to help relieve the pressure on your sinuses by unblocking your nasal and sinus passages so you can breathe easier. Provides up to 8h relief*.
*refers to ibuprofen.Dosage Guidelines:
- Adults and children from 12 years: Take 2 tablets with water every 8 hours. Leave at least 4 hours between doses. Do not take more than 6 tablets in any 24 hours.
- Do not give Nurofen Sinus & Blocked Nose to children under 12 years.
- For detailed instructions please refer to the product leaflet.
Nurofen Sinus Pain Relief 200mg/5mg Tablets, for sinus pain and congestion. Always read the label. UK/N/1115/0088
Patient (www.patient.info) takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided by the sponsor