2-4 Windmill Lane
Tel: 020 8571 3933 or 020 8813 9714
1 Hampton Court
Tel: 0121 454 1130
The Asian Family Counselling Service is a well established national charity with offices in West London and Birmingham. Clients have a wide range of difficulties, including family and marital conflicts. Sometimes they find it hard to adapt to the western culture. Counsellors are professionally trained and receive regular supervision. They are able to offer caring, personal and confidential counselling in the clients' language with an awareness of their cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
The Asian Family Counselling Service may be contacted by the clients personally, or by their family, doctors, social workers, solicitors and religious leaders. AFCS also offers the following:
- Consultancy to charitable trusts and government departments.
- Help to local groups, including advice on fundraising, obtaining charitable status, and training new counsellors.
- Consultancy to the media, television and radio including counsellors to help run helplines for television and radio.
- Help to statutory and voluntary agencies.
- Assessment and counselling for Asian clients of probation and social services.
- A conciliation service for Asian clients. Referrals are also accepted from the courts.
- Seminars, conferences and workshops.
Last updated on 21/07/2012
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. EMIS has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.