Tel (helpline): 0808 800 2222 Tel: 0131 446 2300
Best time to telephone: Mon, Wed, Fri, 8.30am - 5.00pm, Tues & Thurs 8.30am - 9.00pm.
For over 120 years CHILDREN 1st, formerly the Royal Scottish Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Children, has been working to give every child in Scotland a safe and secure childhood.
Today, CHILDREN 1st:
- Supports families under stress.
- Protects children from harm and neglect.
- Helps children recover from abuse.
- Promotes children's rights and interests.
- Offers a free, confidential helpline for parents and carers.
Their work with children and families informs and influences all of their policy and campaigns. Not only do they try to influence legislation, but they also campaign to change attitudes towards children and to help create a better world for all children.
Last updated on 21/07/2012