Tel: 01823 698398
Aid for Children with Tracheostomies (ACT) is a national self help group. It was founded in May 1983 and is run by parents of children with tracheostomy and by people who sympathise with the needs of such families. ACT, as an organisation, is non profit making. It links groups of individual members throughout Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Its aims include the following:
- To give encouragement, support, and practical advice to parents of a child with a tracheostomy.
- To raise funds to buy essential equipment which is not always readily available in all areas of the country. This equipment will be for the benefit of children and young persons having received a tracheostomy.
- To establish a national register of those children and young persons having had a tracheostomy.
- To promote the establishment of new local self help groups.
- To publicise the difficulties children and young persons experience having had a tracheostomy.
- To produce and distribute helpful information and literature to members.
- To promote a greater appreciation within the community of the needs and problems of children with a tracheostomy.
Last updated on 08/08/2014