PO Box 3697
Stratford Upon Avon
Tel: 01789 450787
Arrhythmia Alliance (A-A) is a coalition of charities, patient groups, patients, carers, medical groups and allied professionals. These groups remain independent, however, work together under the A-A umbrella to promote timely and effective diagnosis and treatment of arrhythmias.
A-A supports and promotes the aims and objectives of the individual groups.
Their aims are:
- To raise awareness of cardiac arrhythmias.
- To improve diagnosis of cardiac arrhythmias.
- To improve treatment of cardiac arrhythmias.
- To improve quality of life for people with cardiac arrhythmias.
Their objectives are:
- To bring together member charities, healthcare professionals, commissioners and their allies.
- To advance the concerns and needs of all their members.
- To develop the knowledge and skills base of medical professionals and professions allied to medicine.
- To cultivate multi-centre and multi-disciplinary research.
- To prevent sudden cardiac death in vulnerable groups.
- To promote the value and need for cardiac pacing, implantable defibrillators, catheter ablation, and other treatments for arrhythmias.
- To prevent misdiagnosis in patients suffering from arrhythmia and transient loss of consciousness (T-LOC).
- To assess and quantify unmet need amongst those affected by arrhythmia.
- To promote centres of excellence for arrhythmia diagnosis and treatment.
- To secure better care, leading to a better quality of life, for individuals with arrhythmia.
Last updated on 22/10/2012