99-119 Rosebery Avenue
Tel: 0207 923 6880
Body & Soul supports thousands of children, teenagers, adults and families who are living with and closely affected by HIV in the UK.
Established in 1996, Body & Soul offers an extensive and comprehensive programme of support that is age-appropriate and grounded in internationally recognised public health models. Body & Soul responds to what members tell them they need and runs tailored programmes of support for 5 age groups: 0-9yrs, 10-12 yrs, 13-19 yrs, 20-27yrs and 28+.
Support provided for all age groups at Body & Soul falls into five distinct areas:
- Physical health – such as information and advocacy around HIV, sex and relationships, treatment, nutrition, taking medication.
- Mental health – such as counselling, life coaching, play therapy, art therapy, complementary therapies, support around coping with loss, stress and depression.
- Psychosocial hellbeing – such as in-clinic younger adults peer mentoring, opportunities to form close peer networks, group, family and individual work around relationships and communication, parents of HIV positive children support group.
- Practical hupport – such as processing hardship applications, legal and social work casework support around immigration, benefits, housing, family and healthcare issues.
- Opportunities for maximum future success – such as CV writing classes, employability support, IT classes, educational support for all ages, volunteering opportunities.
Based in London, Body & Soul also provides support to members from all over the country. New members can refer themselves or be referred through a health/social care worker, friends or family members. Body & Soul recognises the unique impact that being affected by HIV through a close family member can have and as such provides support for members who are living with HIV and their loved ones.
Last updated on 14/11/2013