PO Box 548
Tel: (Helpline) 0845 603 8570, (Admin) 01484 559983
Brake is a national road safety charity with two aims:
- To prevent death and injury on the roads through education of all road users and campaigning for government improvements to road safety.
- To care for people who are bereaved or affected by serious injury in a road crash through support services, including a helpline and literature distributed through police officers.
Activities by Brake include:
- A helpline and support literature for road crash victims.
- An information service for employers about fleet safety (called Fleet Safety Forum).
- Research into driver behaviour and public attitudes to road safety.
- Educational resources, particularly for drivers, employers and families.
- Campaigning in government and parliament for road safety policies.
Last updated on 22/11/2013