74a Station Road East
Tel: 01883 713922
The Children's Cancer Recovery Project offers practical support, understanding and comfort to children and families affected by cancer. The services offered have been developed thanks to in-depth research and conversations with parents about what their children need, and how they can helped. Services offered have been designed to:
- Provide immediate support to the family of children affected by cancer.
- Offer practical support to these families, so that they can focus on recovery and wellness and not financial concerns.
- Help the children and their siblings to smile and forget the illness wherever possible.
- Reward the bravery of children undergoing cancer treatment.
- Allow children who are in hospital for extended periods of time to develop the skills they will need in the future.
- Support play therapists and paediatric wards with the tools they need to keep children smiling, distracted and learning.
- Offer families with children in hospices the opportunity to form happy and lasting memories.
Last updated on 30/10/2012