Green Man Tower
332b Goswell Road
Tel: 0207 833 4883
CLAPA is the only UK-wide voluntary organisation specifically helping those with, and affected by, cleft lip and palate. CLAPA National Office is based in London with a network of branches all run by volunteers who have benefited from the organisation. Clapa's key functions are to:
- Organise local parent-to-parent support through its nation-wide network.
- Run a specialist service for parents and health professionals seeking help feeding babies with clefts.
- Develop support for children and adolescents affected by clefts at school and in social settings through such activities as confidence-building camps.
- Encourage and support research into causes and treatment of cleft lip and palate.
- Represent the interests of patients and parents, influencing policy on future treatment of cleft lip and palate.
- Conduct educational seminars for health professionals and the general public.
- Raise funds in the community for equipment, literature and services.
- Publish and distribute a range of information leaflets, increasing public awareness of the condition.
- Support projects in countries where cleft treatment is limited or unavailable.
Last updated on 07/08/2015