Tel: (Helpline) 01608 811599
The FASD Trust was started in January 2007 in response to the growing number of requests for information on Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) being received by the adoptive parents of children with FAS.
The FASD Trust exists as a charity to raise awareness of FASD thereby:
- Improving the understanding of those with FASD.
- Increasing the support that those with FASD and their families / carers receive, not just from statutory bodies, but from the wider community.
- Preventing others being born with FASD.
It aims to do this by:
- Running support groups.
- Having a telephone helpline.
- Holding training seminars.
- Providing advice on "best practice" to teachers, medics and other professionals involved in the care of those with FASD.
- Informing local and national decision makers to ensure provision for those with FASD.
- Collaborating with others.
Last updated on 09/07/2013