123 West Street
Tel: 0141 420 2050
fass was originally established as The Glasgow Association of Family Support Groups in 1984. Since then they have helped countless families and individuals to cope with the affects of addiction. In June 2008 the Glasgow Association of Family Support Groups became fass (family addiction support service). The change of name reflects the changing nature of addiction services which now encompasses both drug and alcohol misuse.
fass intends to continue and improve the services that began nearly 25 years ago. And, also, continue to provide the community with a unique and special service.
Monthly meetings are held for members of family support groups who are affiliated with Family Addiction Support Service.
Family Support Groups based at fass:
- Bereavement Group - for family members who have been bereaved as a result of substance misuse.
- Kinship Support Group - for any family members who are caring for children as a result of parental substance misuse.
- Laurieston/Gorbals Family Support Group - for any family member who is affected by drug and alcohol misuse.
- The Way Forward - for family members who have been bereaved as a result of substance misuse but feel that they can now move on.
- Flourish Group - for any family member who is affected by drug and or alcohol misuse.
Last updated on 21/07/2012
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. EMIS has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.