61 Southwark Street
Tel: (Infoline) 0800 652 6352, (Admin) 020 7803 4800
The Muscular Dystrophy Campaign is a UK charity focusing on all muscle and nerve disease. They are dedicated to finding treatments and cures and improving the lives of everyone affected by muscle and nerve disease.
Their work has five main focuses:
- They fund world-class research to find effective treatments and cure.
- They provide practical information, advice and emotional support for individuals with muscle and nerve disease, their carers and families.
- They campaign to bring about change and raise awareness of muscle and nerve disease.
- They award grants towards the cost of specialist equipment, such as powered wheelchairs.
- They provide specialist education and development for health professionals.
They rely almost entirely on voluntary donations and legacies to fund their work. Dedicated volunteers, companies, trusts and foundations help them to raise money to fund their work.
Last updated on 29/04/2013