29 Peckham Road
Tel: (Freephone helpline) 0808 808 3444, (Office) 020 7735 9535
PACT (the Prison Advice & Care Trust) is a charity which supports people affected by imprisonment. They provide practical support to prisoners' children and families and to prisoners themselves.
The main services they offer are:
- Information, advice and support for families and friends of prisoners.
- Child-friendly visitors' centres.
- Catering services in visitors' centres and visits halls.
- Supervised play areas in visits halls for visiting children.
- Mentoring schemes for prisoners and a pioneering 'First Night in Custody' support service which aims to reduce the extreme anxiety often felt by prisoners on their first night inside, and to reduce the possibility of self-harm and suicide.
Last updated on 31/07/2015