The Pelvic, Obstetric and Gynaecological Physiotherapy (POGP) is a UK-based professional network affiliated to the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy. POGP members are physiotherapists who have a special interest in women and men’s health. Many have gone on to specialise in this area of physiotherapy. Areas of specialty may include:
- The physiotherapeutic care of women in relation to childbirth, both antenatally and postnatally, including the delivery of antenatal classes for the woman and her partner.
- Specialise in the conservative treatment of bladder and bowel incontinence for men and women and in some cases children.
- May be involved in the care of women undergoing gynaecological and breast surgery.
- Specialise in the treatment of musculo-skeletal conditions both during pregnancy, and immediately postnatally.
- May also be specialists in the treatment of sexual dysfunction in relation to pelvic floor muscle problems for men and women.
Last updated on 28/09/2016