Department of Medical Biochemistry & Immunology
University Hospital of Wales
Tel: (Porphyria laboratory) 029 2074 3565, (DNA laboratory) 029 2074 2811
The Cardiff Porphyria Service specialises in the diagnosis and treatment of the porphyrias in the UK. The Service provides a comprehensive porphyria service for both clinicians and their patients by offering:
- Multidisciplinary clinical advice.
- Routine laboratory diagnosis.
- Genetic mutation analysis.
- Safe drug information (in conjunction with the Welsh Medicines Information Service, WMIC).
- Genetic counselling (in conjunction with Medical genetics) .
The service also initiates and participates in research into the porphyrias and has strong collaborative links with our European collegues.
Last updated on 07/07/2015