Steven Jackson House
31 Buxton Road
Tel: (Helpline) 0161 477 1640, (Admin) 0161 474 7323
Rescare is a registered charity founded in 1984 by parents and relatives of those with learning disabilities to ensure that the family voice was heard and valued in the decision as to how and where their dependent relative should live and be supported. Rescare is committed to the relief and welfare of people with learning disabilities in all types of residential care including the family home.
Rescare's target is care-effective, cost-effective residential provision. Through its affiliated organisations and individual and family members, Rescare represents thousands of families and friends. Its support services and activities include the following:
- Conducting an ongoing survey of families' wishes.
- Making representations to government ministers and officials at local level.
- Conducting parliamentary lobby meetings.
- Organising public meetings, workshops, newsletters and publications.
- Consulting members directly by postal surveys.
- Helping individuals and families via its welfare service and network of local representatives.
- Co-operating with other organisations in the common cause.
- Raising awareness amongst the general public.
- Providing telephone information in confidence.
Rescare also produces informative leaflets and publications on various subjects, including the following:
- Residential and care provision
- Education and training
- Wills and legal services
- Counselling and welfare
- Sex education
Last updated on 10/03/2015