NSPCC National Training Centre
3 Gilmour Close
0845 608 5404
The Safe Network is jointly managed by the NSPCC and Children England and provides safeguarding information related to activities outside the home – from after school art clubs to weekend reading groups. The Network:
- Provides safeguarding advice.
- Maps the range of safeguarding standards that already exist in the voluntary and community sector.
- Works closely with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
- Works closely with the Child Protection in Sport Unit (CPSU).
- Works with their delivery partners to make sure that relevant standards are available for all voluntary and community organisations in contact with children.
- Reaches out to organisations that are particularly disadvantaged or that face discrimination.
- Shares good practice through parenting organisations.
Last updated on 13/10/2015