20-22 East London Street
Tel: 0131 556 6443
The Scottish Independent Advocacy Alliance (SIAA) is devoted to the promotion, support and defence of independent advocacy in Scotland. It is a membership organisation that has the overall aim of ensuring that independent advocacy is available to any vulnerable person in Scotland.
Its functions include:
- Providing information and support to the membership, who are made up of local independent and non-independent advocacy organisations, voluntary sector organisations, statutory agencies and other interested parties.
- Working as a central agency to gather and distribute information.
- Representing advocacy organisations at various levels.
- Raising awareness and understanding of independent advocacy across Scotland.
- Ensuring that the independent advocacy movement's 'voice' is heard at a national level to influence current and future practice and policy.
- Providing training on independent advocacy and related issues.
Last updated on 13/12/2013