Lower Ground Floor & Studio
Hitherbury House, 97 Portsmouth Road
Tel: 01483 304442, (Twinline) 0800 1380509
The Twins and Multiple Births Association (TAMBA) has the following aims.
- To give encouragement and support to parents of twins, triplets or more.
- To increase public and professional awareness of the incidence, effects and specific needs of twins, triplets or more.
- To promote greater understanding within the statutory, professional and voluntary organisations of the needs of multiple births.
- To advance education and encourage research on the needs of multiple births.
- To provide information and publications about twins, triplets and more.
- To promote and establish a network of local, regional and national support.
- To maintain links with other multiple birth organisations worldwide.
TAMBA Twinline (number above) is a national, confidential, listening, support and information service for all parents of twins, triplets or more. Listeners are all parents of twins or more and are trained to listen.
Multiples Matter Magazine is issued every quarter and sent direct to all TAMBA members. This magazine is a lively and informative publication devoted entirely to multiple birth matters. Available only through subscription to TAMBA. A range of leaflets, pamphlets, books and booklets, all constantly updated, are also available from TAMBA. A number of specialist groups exist within TAMBA including the following (contact TAMBA for details):
- One parent families group.
- Supertwins group (for families with triplets or more).
- Infertility support group (for parents expecting twins or more following fertility treatment).
- Special needs group.
- Bereavement support group.
- Parent professional forum.
Last updated on 07/11/2013