TAR syndrome (thrombocytopenia with absent radii) is a rare disorder characterised by a reduction of the number of platelets in the blood and bilateral absence of the radii (forearm bones). The TAR Syndrome Support Group is a small, parent-led group with limited funds. The aims of the group are as follows:
- To offer support to families affected by TAR syndrome.
- To raise awareness of TAR syndrome with professionals and other interested individuals.
- To link families in similar situations and areas.
- To give new families hope for their children's future through the shared experiences of older children in the group.
- To share information on equipment, benefits, relevant support organisations, etc.
- To support families through increasing public awareness of TAR syndrome by raising funds, organising events, and publishing literature.
- The group's lively website gives information on the syndrome, news of the group and its activities, details of support, and links to other organisations.
Last updated on 07/11/2013