The Royal College of Surgeons
35-43 Lincoln's Inn Fields
Although this is an association for professionals, information leaflets are available on various aspects of plastic surgery, downloadable from the website.
Their website includes information for patients including a section on 'Safety in Surgery' and information on individual operations. The website also gives answers to frequently asked questions about plastic surgery, including the following:
- How much do consultations cost?
- Will I meet the surgeon who will be treating me at the consultation?
- How much do operations cost?
- Do surgeons specialise in particular treatments?
- Do I need to be referred by my General Practitioner? a) My GP is not interested in cosmetic surgery. b) I know my GP socially and do not want him to know about a cosmetic operation
- How do we know that a surgeon is fully trained in cosmetic surgery?
- How do we know if a surgeon who is not a member of BAAPS is fully trained?
- Can doctors who are not on the Specialist Register in Plastic Surgery call themselves cosmetic or plastic?
The website also has a 'Find a Surgeon' button which gives contact details of surgeons by region.
Last updated on 06/11/2013