Tel: (Helpline) 0845 434 9585, (Admin) 01279 428040
The Grandparents' Association's mission is to improve the lives of children by working with and for all grandparents especially those who:
- Have lost or are losing contact with their grandchildren because of divorce, family feud or other problems.
- Are caring for their grandchildren on a full-time basis.
- Have childcare responsibilities for their grandchildren.
- Are interested in the educational and welfare needs of their grandchildren.
The Grandparents' Association's aim:
- To promote full participation by grandparents to ensure that contact is maintained between grandparents and their grandchildren when the family unit breaks down or there is conflict.
- To support grandparents who are caring for their grandchildren.
- To promote full participation by service users and potential service users in the design and delivery of support services.
- To campaign for improvements in relevant policy and legislation by highlighting issues unique to grandparents and grandchildren.
- To develop our equal opportunities policies and practice by continually monitoring and reviewing all aspects of our work and to promote the provision of accessible and appropriate services for all sections of the community.
- To educate the public in order to prevent the difficulties that cause the continued separation of grandchildren from their grandparents.
Last updated on 31/10/2013