New Bond House
Tel: (Helpline) 0808 8088 100, (General) 0117 989 7820
Together for Short Lives was formed from the merger of ACT and Children's Hospices UK.
Together for Short Lives is an organisation working across the UK to ensure that all children and young people not expected to live to reach adulthood, and their families have the best possible care and support in the place of their choice.
Acting as a voice for children's palliative care in the UK they will:
- Make sure that families know about care and support available to them and give them a say in shaping the services they use.
- Define and share best practice to enable the highest standard of children's palliative care.
- Support care providers to develop sustainable services for children and families now and in the future.
- Help to develop those who provide health, education and social care support to life-limited children and young people and their families.
- Raise awareness of the needs of children, young people and their families requiring palliative care.
They have publications available both for families and for professionals. Visit their website's resources sections for further information.
Last updated on 06/12/2016