19 The Broadway
Tel: 0208 882 0011
The UK Thalassaemia Society was formed in 1976 by parents of children suffering from thalassaemia. The Society is registered with the Charities Commission and most of the work is carried out by volunteers. The Society produces information in various languages and also a quarterly news review for the members of the Society. The aims of the Society are as follows:
- The relief of persons suffering from thalassaemia.
- The promotion and co-ordination of research in connection with thalassaemia.
- To educate people on the problems of thalassaemia. This includes lectures with the aid of slides and/or video films in order to explain it in simple language to any group of people who wish to learn about it.
- To offer counselling to sufferers and carriers.
- To bring together patients, families and well-wishers to exchange ideas and information.
- To raise funds required for the above activities.
Last updated on 25/10/2013